Thursday, October 23, 2008

Turkey

For the last few years I have cooked on Thanksgiving for my Mom, Dad my brothers and their family. My Mom and Dad just can't handle cooking a huge meal. I enjoy doing it though. Yesterday I was thinking about what my menu will be this year. Robert usually smokes several Turkey's in our smoker. If you never ate a smoke turkey please do. It is DELICIOUS! I was thinking I better start watching the ads for a good price for Turkey's. We have to cook a whole Turkey because Robin my sister-in law only eats dark meat. It hit me then that would not be necessary because Robin died almost 11 months ago I almost broke down crying because still to this day I feel like the tragedy that happen to my brother and his wife never happen.. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be very difficult for my brother ( Jimmy) this year. Robin was MUCH MORE into Christmas than Jimmy. Pray that I have the right words of comfort for Jimmy during the holidays. I miss her too Here is a copy/paste of a post I wrote in Feb about what happen to Robin. I still can't figure how to do a link to another post! It has been several weeks since I blog. Some of the news I have to share is sad but with a happy ending... On Jan 31st I lost my SIL suddenly. Long story but Robin went into the hospital to be treated for a infection with meds by IV. Her condition was NOT life threatening just routine . My brother left the hospital at 11:00pm . At 3:00 am he got a call saying she had pass. The Drs. did not know that she had a blood clot. It passed through her lungs and killed her instantly. She was on 45. http://www.legacy.com/Charlotte/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=102349349 Robin was a wonderful person. Great Mom and wife. My brother Jimmy and Robin were a very happy married couple who spent their time just being with each other and enjoy LIFE! Her death has of course been very hard on everyone especially my brother She was only 45. The GOOD NEWS she is in heaven.