Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Weekend

This picture is dark sorry! This is the maze crew after they finished in 2 1/2 hrs I hope those who read my blog had a great weekend. Friday night I was not feeling well so we decided just to hang out on the couch and eat leftovers. Our neighbor Bob walked over and ask Robert if we all wanted to go to Lake Norman HS football game. They were playing their rivals Mooresville HS. By that time I had already parked my fanny in my PJ's on the couch and nothing was going to move me. Robert though took the kids and they went to the football game. They had a great time with our friends and I had a great time with the couch and TV. LOL. Unfortunately though someone took a sharp object and scratch a HUGE X on Bob's truck. You have to think it was a teen of course but you never know. I felt terrible though for Bob. Saturday we had soccer Caroline scored two goals and was pretty hyped up after the game. Papaw came to watch so the kids were pretty excited also. After lunch and a shower we met our friends the Robbins' and their kids for some fun at a VERY COOL place. We went to a corn maze. It is SEVEN acres of FUN! As you try to figure your way out you pick up map pieces at different stations. Once you get your map pieces it shows you the whole maze. There is also a cross-word puzzle you can complete on the way. The theme is We the People so it was educational too. The Robbins had their 2 1/2 year old son ( Chad) and after 1 1/2 hrs in the maze he had a enough. Lisa and I GLADY used the excuse of Chad to rest our aching feet. We had at that point found the exit but we did not complete the map [pieces. So Robert Mark and the kids went back in. They finished in 2 1/2 hrs which is pretty good. We talked to other people in there and some had been stuck in the maze for 4 hrs. Afterwards we went out to eat and then we took our very exhausted kids home. Actually we were too.LOL Sunday was Worship. I serve as the small group coordinator for our youth. We have small groups in the evening on Sunday. I really LOVE working with the teens. Last night we had 78 teens show up. AWESOME! Robert helps with the boy's RA's ( missions). They went cannoning yesterday evening and Elijah LOVED it. Over all it was a great weekend. Robert and Teri