Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Three Days Worth

This is a mini recap of the last few days . Saturday we went to my brother Jimmy home to celebrate Father's Day with my parents . Jimmy cooked out humongous delicious burgers and I brought sides. I also got to meet my brother's girlfriend Natalie. Jimmy has begun to date . I will admit it was pretty awkward at first because I loved Robin so much. Natalie though was very sweet and my brother looks very happy. This is all that matters to me is my brother's happiness. Mom and Dad were there. My parent have really started to age. Especially my Mom. She has trouble moving around . I will say though my Mom's mobility is not great but she still keeps her home in tip top shape. She amazes me consider how fragile she has become. She told me that she is scared that if she sits down she will never get up. Sunday as you know was Father's Day. Have I told y'all lately that God has blessed me with the most incredible father to my children. We all adore and cherish Robert/Daddy. I could go on and on but I don't have enough of time to put in words how super our SUPER DAD is. The kids picked out a coffee kit mug set. They took special markers and decorated the mugs. Caroline made a mug for spare change. She drew a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end. Elijah drew a picture of Robert with a red cape and wrote SUPER DAD on it for him to drink coffee. The kids even made home-made cards. We are pretty simple people and these type of gifts means more than to us than store bought gifts. We all went out to eat after Church and Robert THOUGHT he was going to take a nap. The kids gave him no choice but to go for a swim. Our friends across the street came over and we all had a mini pool party. We had such a great time. I am so glad this couple moved in our neighborhood. Great Christian couple with two sweet girls. Yesterday I took the kids to North Mecklenburg Park in Huntersville. We met four other Mom's there with their kiddos. We ate lunch and the kids played. I belong to a group on Lake Norman Mom's called Club 35. These are Mom's who went on to have babies after 35. We all can sit and talk about how tired we are having babies at a later age or how fabulous we feel at our age to even have babies later on. Most of us have older kids too so it is nice to sit and talk about having TWO families because of age differences. Well I better get started with my day.