Monday, November 17, 2008

This and That at The Julian's

I have a lot to catch up on my blog! First the most important news. Bill continues to improve but still is in ICU. Hopefully though this week he will be in progressive care. June was told he would be there for at least two weeks. Then to a regular room for a week and then to rehab for a few days. He could be in the hospital for another month. Bill does not know yet how extensive his last surgery was and that he will be in the hospital for awhile. They Dr's and June are planning to tell him soon but his spirits have been down and they are waiting to get him out of ICU. They think once he gets out of ICU, it will help him see that he is getting better. Everyone keeps telling him he is but it's hard to believe because your still in ICU. Back in June Robert bought me for our anniversary tickets for a Christian Marriage Conference called A Weekend to remember in Tennessee . . It is through Focus on the Family. But with his brother being sick our first priority was Bill and his family. We did not want to be away too far just in case we were needed . We are still going to another Weekend to Remember because the tickets are transferable. Robert had already taken Friday off for that reason so we did spend the day with each other. We went Santa shopping ! Then we went to the Prickly Pear for lunch. We really had a nice time together. Robert loves Christmas shopping for the kids so this was a extra treat for both if us. Saturday afternoon we decided to get out of the house and headed to Concord Mills. Robert and Elijah stayed in Bass and Pro forever and we girls took off in the Mall. We also went to TGIF and ate. We all had a great time as a family . Bad News! Elijah started running a fever Saturday night and complained of a terrible headache. His stomach was upset Sunday. More Bad News! Robert has it but he has to work because he is the only tech working today in Charlotte. He is on call and last night he ended up going in at 7:00 pm and 4:00 am. He did come home this morning and laid down but has to leave because a call went off. I was suppose to go off tonight with the girls from Church for dinner but I think I need to stay home and play nurse! Elijah does seem much better! I kept him home from school just to give him one more day. Having him home with me makes me realize HOW MUCH I miss him during the day. He has just talked and talked to me all morning. If Southview wasn't such a great opportunity for our kids I would seriously think about home -schooling them. I am SO READY to have them home for Thanksgiving break! It is a very cold day here ion the SOUTH. I have a HUGE pot of beef/veggie soup on. I think I could have the whole neighborhood over and still have left-overs.