Friday, December 12, 2008

DONE!

Allyson has a research paper due today. She has been working hard on it for weeks. The subject she picked was not a easy subject to do research on. She ended up picking The International Mission Board. She found with help from our pastor ONE older written book and some info on the web and that was it! Last night after her game she came home to finish it up. She asked me to edited the paper for her. So I spent about a hr going over it. She lacked one more page after I edited the paper ( required nine pages). I helped her find some more filler info and the paper was finally finished! Poor girl was stressed out!!! Before she closed the paper she asked us about saving the paper. We told her if the save box did not come up she was OK. I had actually saved it MANY times as I edited it. We are not sure what she did but we could NEVER find her saved report on the laptop. Robert searched through so many files. Allyson of course was crushed and upset. So we started all over again. We still had her original paper that I edited from. It took ME and her two more hrs to edited her paper. She then spent even more time filling it back it with more info. She was very tired this morning and discouraged. We could had spent many more hrs on this paper last night but we were both tired. I actually went to bed and she worked more on it. I told her this morning not to stress out about her grade. She worked hard and even learned more about the International Mission Board. That was her goal to learn more about ( IBM) because it is her dream to work there someday! I am sure why your asking why I wrote about this on our family blog. I did not handle what happen last night very well as a parent. She and I ended up fussing the whole time while we worked on the paper. I did apologize this morning. I really messed up again as a parent of a teen. I could not ask for a better teen! There are many teens that are making unwise choices for their lives . Allyson loves our savior and has never gave us any serious problems. We actually get many compliments on her daughter! So Mom's and Dad's pick your battle wisely. Don't make the mistake I did last night. PS. She hugged me in the van this morning and said that is OK Mom I love you and thanks for your help last night. Thanks Allyson for loving me through my unwise choices