Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Kiss

When you drop your kids off at school do you sit and watch them until they get through the door? I DO! Even with the teacher standing at the door I still have too. I have a visions of them forgetting something and they take off looking for me. This morning I sat and watch Elijah walk to the school door. He met up with some of his buddies and they took off chatting away. I am so happy he loves school and made so many friends. He looked so grow-up with his book bag on his back and of course this brought a tug at my heart as his Mom. He is so confidant and does not need Mom to walk him to class. Actually by the second day of school he let me know he was a big boy and could walk himself to class. Maybe he sensed that Mommy was longing for some sign that he still needed his Mommy. As he got to the door he stopped turned around and mouthed I LOVE YOU and blew me a kiss. He still is my baby and always will be. A friend sent me this from S.D. Gaede: "And so we are thankful for the reminders you give us daily in the form of our children. ....... Reminders that we are stewards of your creation, not its gods. Reminders that we tend the seeds that you have sown, but we do not determine the plant's growth. Reminders that our final duty is to honor you through our acts of service to one another, not to serve and honor ourselves. May God grant us the wisdom to be parents whose treasure lies is heaven and not in the applause of others."